Breaking news
TLC Postpone European Tour Due to T-Boz's Neck Injury -
Niall Horan Cancels Mexico City Concert Following Earthquake -
Which Producer Should Cardi B Work With? Vote! -
Jesse Williams Coughs Up Huge Spousal, Child Support Payment -
Miranda Kerr Reveals Her Last Guilty Pleasure -
John Legend to Headline the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Concert -

 

The Queen pulls out of New Year’s Day church service at Sandringham as she recovers from ‘heavy cold’

 

THE Queen will not attend a church at Sandringham today as she continues to recover from a “heavy cold”.

[undefined]Queen Elizabeth II will not attend a New Year's Day church service at Sandringham  [Getty]

The Queen will not be attending a church service at Sandringham, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

The 90-year-old monarch is still recovering from a “heavy cold” and was also forced to pull out of Christmas Day celebrations with her family last week.

A spokeswoman said: “Her Majesty The Queen will not attend Sunday worship at Sandringham today.

“The Queen does not yet feel ready to attend church as she is still recuperating from a heavy cold.”

[undefined]The 90-year-old monarch is continuing to recover from a 'heavy cold' [Getty ]

Her Majesty’s husband, Prince Phillip, is still expected to attend the service later today.

The Queen missed the traditional Christmas Day service for the first time in 28 years after coming down with a “heavy cold”.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Queen Elizabeth II: through the years

Friday, June 10, 2016

Queen Elizabeth II sports a head full of curls as she poses as a child [Getty]

Queen Elizabeth child baby

As the Queen turns 90 we take a look at her most iconic moments in pictures

It is believed the Queen and Prince Phillip have been spending time indoors together at Sandringham House after her illness was announced.

It comes just days after Buckingham Palace was forced to confirm that the Queen was still alive, after rumours of her death circulated on social media.

[undefined]Prince Philip is believed to still be attending the service  [Wenn]

A fake BBC News Twitter account "announced" her Royal Highness has passed away earlier this week, sending Twitter into meltdown.

The shocking tweet read: “BREAKING: Bucking Palace announced the death of Queen elizabeths II at the age of 90. Circumstances unknown. More to follow.”

The tweet drummed up a lot of interest, with a number of people claiming a “media blackout” was preventing any mainstream media reporting the news for 24 hours.

Some people made ridiculous claims they had seen television crews assembling outside Buckingham Palace.

[undefined]The Queen pulled out of a Christmas Day service for the first time in 28 years [Wenn]

While others said they had seen news reporters dressed in black in preparation for national mourning.

However BBC News reporter Rory Cellan-Jones dismissed the rumours last night, calling them “bonkers.”

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace confirmed the Queen was very much alive and still recovering from her cold.

They said: “The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh continue to recover from their heavy colds.”

We thank you for your visit and this news was published from the source ok news ok news

 

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Woman Once Considered the World’s Heaviest Dies After Losing More Than 700 Lbs.
NEXT Have Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley got married? Fans convinced the couple secretly tied the knot as model shows off 'wedding ring'

Author Information